Written by: FFT Webmaster | March 9th, 2011
Break out your scriptwriting software and get to work, because the Industry Insider Screenwriting Contest gives you the unique opportunity to spin this idea into solid spec screenplay that could be your ticket to Hollywood success.
The Industry Insider Screenwriting Contest is an International competition that facilitates relationships between new writers and Industry leaders looking to help aspirants embark on writing careers.
Here’s how it works:
- Write up to the first 15 pages of a script based on the logline above, provided by Allan Loeb
- The top 10 finalists receive a copy of Final Draft Screenwriting Software, Development Notes, and a letter of congratulations from Loeb
- Each of the 10 finalists enter into a 12-week Story Specialists mentoring program, consisting of feedback for every 10 pages submitted, with the goal of completing a spec screenplay
- Allan Loeb and Production Company Benderspink judge the completed screenplays and choose a winner
The lucky winner receives transportation and lush accommodations at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood, a classic Industry lunch with Allan Loeb at The Ivy, a one-on-one with a top Industry Agent, a meeting with Benderspink and more.
Fees, Dates and Deadlines:
- Contest Begins: February 1, 2011
- Early Submission Fee (ends 2/28/11) $40
- Standard Submission Fee: $50
- Contest Material Deadline: March 31, 2011
Who is Allan Loeb?
Screenwriter and TV Producer Allan Loeb works with some of the biggest stars and A-list directors in the business. He owns and runs production company Scarlet Fire Entertainment, and doctors 5 to 10 scripts each year.
Allan created the 2008 TV series New Amsterdam, wrote and produced the 2006 Benicio Del Toro movie Things We Lost in the Fire, the 2007 hit film 21, starring Kevin Spacey, the Jason Bateman/Jennifer Aniston romantic comedyThe Switch, Oliver Stone’s Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, Ron Howard’s The Dilemma, the soon-to-be-released Adam Sandler comedy Just Go With It and Miley Cyrus comedy So Undercover.
Upcoming projects include the supernatural thriller Visibility and the Kevin James MMA fighting comedy Here Comes The Boom.
A few words about The Writers Store
The Writers Store is the premier resource center for software, books, supplies and services dedicated to writers and filmmakers since 1982. We’re an independent Burbank-based company catering to both professionals and aspiring writers, specializing in story development, script formatting and production software.
Always on the cutting-edge of advancements in the craft, we know that the one-of-a-kind products and services available from The Writers Store will benefit you with the artistic process. And we know this because we’re writers and filmmakers, too. We use our passion for creative expression to aid us in our search for the gear that will raise your writing to unprecedented new heights.